Polity & Governance
Days & Dates
Reports & Indices
- Sri Lanka flags off Pulathisi Express, a ‘Make In India’ train
- The President of Sri Lanka, Maithripala Sirisena flagged off the new train- “Pulathisi Express” from Colombo Fort Railway station. This train has been fully manufactured under the ‘Make in India’
- Pulathisi Express has been equipped with the best-in-class passenger amenities including modular interiors, an on-board entertainment system and fully rotating seats in air-conditioned chair car coaches for passenger comfort.
- The rake of the train was manufactured in the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in Chennai.
- Sri Lanka Capital- Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Prime minister- Ranil Wickremesinghe
- President- Maithripala Sirisena
- Currency- Sri Lankan rupee
- Bangladesh lifts ban on Hilsa export to India
- Bangladesh lifted a 2012 ban on the export of its national fish “hilsa”.
- The Bangladesh government has approved export of 500 tonnes of hilsa to India as a gesture of goodwill from Bangladesh on the occasion of Durga Puja.
- Nearly 75 percent of world hilsa production occurs in Bangladesh. The fish provides direct and indirect employment to 2 million people.
- Bangladesh Capital- Dhaka
- Currency- Taka
- PM- Sheikh Hasina.