Polity & Governance
Days & Dates
Reports & Indices
- Indonesia to move the capital from Jakarta to East Kalimantan
- Indonesia’s president announced that the country’s capital will move from overcrowded, sinking and polluted Jakarta to a site in sparsely populated East Kalimantan province on Borneo Island.
- The new capital city, which has not yet been named, will be in the middle of the vast archipelago nation and already has relatively complete infrastructure because it is near the cities of Balikpapan and Samarinda.
- Indonesian President- Joko Widodo
- Currency- Indonesian rupiah.
- Vietnam opens Southeast Asia’s largest solar power farm
- Vietnam inaugurated Southeast Asia’s largest solar power farm which has the capacity to produce 688 million kWh of electricity annually.
- The solar farm was delivered by a joint venture between the Vietnamese conglomerate Xuan Cau Co and Thai Industrial group B.Grimm Power Public Co.
- The project spans 504 hectares (1,245.4 acres) and was constructed on the Dau Tieng Reservoir, the largest artificial lake in Vietnam.
- It will also prevent the emission of 595,000 tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere every year.
- President of Vietnam- Nguyen Phu Trong
- Vietnam Capital- Hanoi.
- Currency- Vietnamese dong.
- Japan Launches “World’s Biggest Transport Space Ship” For Space Station
- Japan launched an unmanned H-2B rocket spacecraft towards the International Space Station.
- The H-2B rocket lifted off with cargo vessel Kounotori8, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
- The launch took place from the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency’s Tanegashima Space Centre in southwestern Japan.
- Japan Capital- Tokyo
- Currency- Japanese yen
- PM- Shinzo Abe.