India has signed a deal worth around Rs 1,500 crore to acquire R-27 air-to-air missiles from which country?
• India signs deal to acquire R-27 Missiles from Russia.
• India has signed a deal worth around Rs 1,500 crore to acquire R-27 air-to-air missiles from Russia to be equipped on the Su-30MKI combat aircraft.
• The R-27 missile is a medium-to-long-range air-to-air missile for MiG and Sukhoi series of fighter jets.
• The R-27 can be launched from an altitude of 25km, up to a range of 60km. The guidance system of the missile includes semi-active radar seeker with command updates.
Which country has allowed women to travel abroad without approval from a male “guardian”?
• Saudi Arabia allows women to travel without male ‘guardian’ approval
• Saudi Arabia will allow women to travel abroad without approval from a male “guardian”, the government said Thursday, ending a restriction that drew international censure and prompted extreme attempts to flee the kingdom.
• The landmark reform erodes the longstanding guardianship system that renders adult women as legal minors and allows their “guardians” -- husband, father and other male relatives -- to exercise arbitrary authority over them.
Which country has banned face-covering clothing, such as a burqa or niqab, in public buildings and on transport?
• Netherlands bans face-covering clothing
• The Netherlands banned face-covering clothing, such as a burqa or niqab, in public buildings and on transport as a contentious law on the garment came into force.
• Between 100 and 400 women are estimated to wear a burqa or niqab in the European country of 17 million people.
• The legislation - which was passed in June last year after more than a decade of political debate on the subject - also applies to other face coverings such as full-face helmets, balaclavas or ski mask.
The US has withdrawn from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces treaty which was signed between Russia and the USA in which year?
• US and Russia ends INF Missile Treaty.
• The US has withdrawn from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces treaty that was signed in 1987 Reagan-era with Russia. The treaty banned ground-launched medium-range missiles with a range of 310 to 3,400 miles.
• The US had withdrawn from the treaty as Russia refused to destroy its new intermediate-range SSC-8 cruise missile that Washington said violated the INF.
• The SSC-8 missile can be tipped with conventional or nuclear explosives.
US President Donald Trump has planned to impose a __________per cent tariff on $300 billion of Chinese imports from September 1?
• US to impose 10 per cent additional tariff on Chinese imports from September 1.
• President Xi is not going fast enough, says the US President Donald Trump.
• US President Donald Trump said he plans to impose a 10 per cent tariff on $300 billion of Chinese imports from September 1 and could raise tariffs further if China's President Xi Jinping fails to move more quickly to strike a trade deal.
Which country is planning to change the abortion laws that would treat the procedure as a health issue rather than a crime?
• New Zealand plans to ease abortion restrictions
• New Zealand’s government announced Monday that it plans changes to the country’s abortion laws that would treat the procedure as a health issue rather than a crime.
• While abortions have been available in New Zealand for decades, the procedure is still regulated under the Crimes Act which came into force in 1961. Many say that the Act presents unnecessary obstacles for women who are seeking abortions
• The proposed new law would remove that requirement for women who are up to 20 weeks pregnant. For those more than 20 weeks pregnant, a doctor or health practitioner would still need to approve the procedure.
Yasin, Balaban and Ghaem are the three missiles launched by which country?
• Iran Unveils Three Advanced Precision-Guided Missiles “Yasin”, “Balaban” and “Ghaem”.
• The Armed Forces of Iran have unveiled three advanced precision-guided missiles in a move to strengthen its defenses from foreign threats.
• This includes new line-up of air-to-air missiles known the “Yasin”, “Balaban” and a new series of the “Ghaem”.
• The missiles have been developed jointly by the Country’s Defence Ministry and Sa Iran, also known as Iran Electronics Industries.
Russian President Vladimir Putin has completed how many years in power on August 9?
• Vladimir Putin completes 20 years of being in power in Russia.
• Russian President Vladimir Putin completed 20 years in power on Friday. Putin was appointed as the acting Prime Minister by the then Russian President Boris Yeltsin on August 9, 1999.
• Yeltsin resigned on December 31, 1999, and named Putin as the acting President. Putin won his fourth Presidential election last year and will stay in office till 2024.
The US government has approved the sale of 12 multi-mission Seahawk helicopters to which country worth 800 million US dollar?
• US approves sale of helicopters to S Korea.
• The US government has approved the sale of 12 multi-mission Seahawk helicopters to South Korea worth 800 million US dollar.
• The announcement came hours after US President Donald Trump announced that South Korea had agreed to pay more for US military presence in their country.
• The helicopters bolster anti-surface and anti-submarine missions and can handle secondary missions like replenishment, search and rescue and communications relay.
• The two countries have been in a security alliance since the 1950-53 Korean war which ended with a ceasefire rather than a peace treaty, with more than 28,000 US troops stationed in the South to guard against threats from North Korea.
Singapore Convention on Mediation, is an agreement to settle ________?
• India, 45 others sign UN treaty on mediation in trade disputes.
• India and 45 other United Nations members including the US and China, on Wednesday signed the Singapore Convention on Mediation, intended to help stabilise trade ties. The international treaty aims for the resolution of cross-border commercial and trade disputes as an alternative to court cases.
• Singapore Convention on Mediation, an agreement it hopes will make it easier to settle cross-border commercial disputes and stabilise trade relationships.