International Day of the Disappeared was observed on?
• International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances : 30 August
• The International Day of the Disappeared is held on August 30 each year to draw attention towards increase in enforced or involuntary disappearances of individuals in various regions of the world, including arrest, detention and abduction unknown to their relatives and/or legal representatives.
• The day was adopted by UN General Assembly on 21 December 2010 and was first observed in 2011.
Who has bagged the Forward of the Season award for the 2018-19 UEFA Champions League campaign?
• Lionel Messi wins 'Forward of the Season' award
• Barcelona's Lionel Messi bagged the Forward of the Season award for the 2018/19 UEFA Champions Leaguecampaign on Thursday.
• Messi had 285 points under his belt and interestingly, the second-placed Sadio Mane had only 109 points.
• Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk won the UEFA Men's Player of the Year and the Defender of the Season award for the 2018/19 UEFA Champions League campaign.
The entire month of September 2019 will be celebrated as the Rashtriya Poshan Maah under which theme?
• September Month Being Celebrated as ‘Rashtriya Poshan Maah’ With the Theme Complimentary Feeding.
• The Government of India has decided to observe the entire month of September as the ‘Rashtriya Poshan Maah’ (National Nutrition Month) beginning September 01, 2019.
• The theme for 2019 celebrations is Complimentary Feeding.
• Through the Poshan month celebrations, government aims to take the message of nutrition to every nook and corner of the country to focus on complimentary food, treatment and prevention from infections in children.
• POSHAN Abhiyaan stands for-Prime Minister’s Overreaching Scheme for Holistic Nourishment.
• Launched – Prime Minister launched in March 2018 from Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan.
• Purpose – Multi- ministerial convergence mission to achieve improvement in nutritional status of children up to six years of age, adolescent girls, pregnant women and lactating mothers with a targeted approach by 2022.
The International Day of Charity is observed every year on?
• International Day of Charity: September 5.
• The International Day of Charity is observed annually on 5 September. It was declared by the United Nations General Assembly in 2012.
• Purpose: Raise awareness and provide a common platform for charity related activities all over the world.
International Literacy Day was observed on?
• International Literacy Day: 08th September
• International Literacy Day celebrated annually on 8 September. It is an opportunity for Governments, civil society and stakeholders to highlight improvements in world literacy rates, and reflect on the world’s remaining literacy challenges.
• The issue of literacy is a key component of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and the UN’s 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
• The Theme of International Literacy Day 2019 is Literacy and Multilingualism.
World Suicide Prevention Day is observed every year on?
• World Suicide Prevention Day: September 10.
• World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD): observed on 10 September every year since 2003.
• Purpose: Provide worldwide commitment and action to prevent suicides through various activities around the world.
• 2019 Theme: Working Together to Prevent Suicide.