Who has been appointed as the MD and CEO of Punjab National Bank?
• SS Mallikarjuna Rao appointed MD and CEO of Punjab National Bank.
• Punjab National Bank will go into merger under the stewardship of SS Mallikarjuna Rao, who has been appointed as the new chief executive of the bank.
• Rao, at present the chief executive of Allahabad Bank, will head the Delhi-based PNB till September 18, 2021, the government said in a notification issued late Tuesday.
• He will replace Sunil Mehta in PNB, which is currently under a process of three-way amalgamation with Oriental Bank of Commerce
Who has been posted as the new principal director general of the Press Information Bureau (PIB)?
• KS Dhatwalia Appointed As Chief Spokesperson Of Government
• Kuldeep Singh Dhatwalia, an Indian Information Service (IIS) officer, was on Monday appointed the principal spokesperson of the government, according to an official order.
• Mr Dhatwalia, a 1984-batch IIS officer, has been posted as the new principal director general of the Press Information Bureau (PIB), the publicity wing of the central government.
• Mr Dhatwalia was serving as the Director General (DG) Training and Research in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, besides holding the charge of the DG of the Indian Institute Mass Communication (IIMC).
Who has took charge as the President of England's 232 years old Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC)?
• Kumar Sangakkara takes charge as 1st non-British President of MCC.
• Former Sri Lanka captain Kumar Sangakkara took charge as the President of England's 232 years old Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) to become the first non-British to hold the post. "I am thrilled to hold the prestigious position of MCC President," Sangakkara said after taking charge. MCC is the owner of Lord's Ground and the guardian of the Laws of Cricket.
Who has been appointed as the new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Oil India Limited?
• Sushil Chandra appointed as MD & CEO of Oil India Limited.
• Oil India Limited has appointed Sushil Chandra Mishra as the new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the company. He will replace Utpal Bora.
• Sushil Chandra Mishra started his professional journey as an executive trainee with OIL in 1984 and developed deep expertise in commercial matters. He also played a key role in framing and implementing procurement policies and procedures for inventory management, vendor development, framework agreement and its related strategies.
Muktesh Kumar Pardeshi has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to which country?
• Muktesh Kumar Pardeshi appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to Niue.
• The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) of India notified that Muktesh Kumar Pardeshi was appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to Niue, with residence in Wellington, New Zealand.
• He is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) Officer of the 1991 batch presently working as a High Commissioner of India to New Zealand. He will replace Sanjiv Kohli.
Who was appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Greece?
• Amrit Lugun appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Greece
• The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) of India was appointed Amrit Lugun as the next Ambassador of India to Greece. He is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) Officer of the 1989 batch. He will replace Shamma Jain.
Who has been appointed the new CEO of MyGov India?
• Abhishek Singh appointed new MyGov CEO
• Abhishek Singh, the 1995-batch IAS officer of Nagaland cadre, has been appointed the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of MyGov India, the government’s citizen-centric online platform.
• He succeeded tech entrepreneur Arvind Gupta. The aim of MyGov India is to empower people to connect with the government and contribute towards good governance.
UNESCO has appointed whom as its goodwill ambassador for indigenous peoples?
• UNESCO appointed Yalitza Aparicio as ambassador for indigenous peoples
• The United Nations’ cultural agency, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), has appointed Mexican actress Yalitza Aparicio as its goodwill ambassador for indigenous peoples.
• She will be helping the UNESCO’s work among the indigenous peoples across the world by preserving their cultural heritage and environment knowledge and fighting for equal access to education.
o Yalitza Aparicio:
• Yalitza Aparicio made history as the first indigenous performer nominated for a best actress honor at the Academy Awards 2019 for her performance in the film Roma. In the film she spoke in an indigenous language and in Spanish.
Who will become the 47th Chief Justice of India?
• CJI Ranjan Gogoi names Justice Bobde as successor
• Justice Bobde, who will be sworn in as CJI on November 18, will have a tenure of about 18 months.
• Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi has recommended Justice Sharad Arvind
• Bobde as his successor and the 47th Chief Justice of India in keeping with convention and the seniority norm, sources said.
• Chief Justice Gogoi, who is scheduled to retire on November 17, has sent his recommendation in writing to the government.
• The written communication from the incumbent Chief Justice, ideally a month before his retirement, is the first step in the appointment process of the next CJI.
• It will be put up before the PM and forwarded to the President.
• Justice Bobde would have a tenure of 18 months. He will retire on April 23, 2021.
• Born in 1956 at Nagpur in Maharashtra, Justice Bobde was appointed as a judge of the Bombay High Court in 2000 and went on to become Chief Justice of the Madhya Pradesh High Court. He was elevated to the Supreme Court in 2013.