The Indian Air Force will celebrate its _________TH anniversary on 08 Oct 2019.?
• 87th Air Force Day: Air Display
• The Indian Air Force proudly celebrates its 87TH anniversary on 08 Oct 2019. A scintillating air display by various aircraft will be the hallmark of the Air Force Day Parade cum Investiture Ceremony at Air Force Station Hindan (Ghaziabad).
• Rehearsals for the air display will commence from 01st October 2019 (Tuesday). The general area over which the aircraft will be flying at low levels are Wazirpur bridge – Karwalnagar – Afjalpur - Hindan, Shamli – Jiwana – Chandinagar – Hindan, Hapur – Philkua – Ghaziabad – Hindan.
Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria on September 30 took charge as the ______th chief of the Indian Air Force?
• Air Chief Marshal Bhadauria takes charge as new IAF chief
• Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria on September 30 took charge as the 26th chief of the Indian Air Force.
• He succeeds Air Chief Marshal B.S. Dhanoa, who retired after 41 years of service in the IAF. Air Marshal Bhadauria was commissioned in the fighter stream of the Indian Air Force in June 1980, and has held various command, staff and instructional positions.
The 11th edition of DefEXpo will be held in which city from 05 - 08 February, 2020?
• Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh launches DefExpo 2020 website
• Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh launched the website of 11th edition of DefEXpo, to be held in Lucknow from 05 - 08 February, 2020.
• The website, www.defexpo.gov.in, provides online services to exhibitors, besides hosting informative content about the product profile of DPSUs and Ordnance Factories.
• The website enables exhibitors to register and book space online as per their requirements on first-come-first-serve basis, make online payments, book conference halls and venues for Business-to-Business (B2B) meetings. Exhibitors can avail early bird discounts by booking space on the website before October 31, 2019
The Rapid Action Force (RAF) is a specialised wing of the which of the following Central Armed Police Forces?
• Shri Amit Shah presides over 27th Anniversary celebrations of the Rapid Action Force of the CRPF and awards gallantry medals.
• Union Minister for Home Affairs, Shri Amit Shah presided over as Chief Guest at the 27th Anniversary celebrations of the Rapid Action Force (RAF) of the Central Reserved Police Force (CRPF), in Ahmedabad today. Shri Shah also presented gallantry medals to the family members of the jawans who have laid their lives in the line of duty.
• The Rapid Action Force (RAF) is a specialised wing of the Indian CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) to deal with riot and crowd control situations. RAF was raised on 11 December 1991 with headquarters in New Delhi. It became fully operational on 7 October 1992, to deal with riots, riot like situations, crowd control, rescue and relief operations, and related unrest.
President Ram Nath Kovind presented President’s Colors award to which of the following corps of Indian Army?
• Corps of Army Air Defence at Gopalpur honored with President Colors.
• President Ram Nath Kovind presented President’s Colors award to the Corps of army air defence.
• The Supreme Commander of the Indian armed forces recalled the participation of Air Defense troops in world war II, Burma Campaign, siege of Imphal and Kohima, Arakan operations, recapture of Rangoon. The award was provided on the occasion of 25 years of army air defence college.
o Corps of army air defense
• The air defense was in existence since 1940. However, it got recognition as an independent arm only in 1994.
• It is an active corps of Indian army that are tasked with the air defense. They are responsible for the protection of Indian air space below 5,000 feet.
The ______th Raising Day of the Military Nursing Service (MNS) was celebrated on 1 October 2019?
• 1 October: 94th Raising Day of MNS celebrated
• The 94th Raising Day of the Military Nursing Service (MNS) is being celebrated on 1 October 2019. On the occasion, nursing officers would re-dedicate themselves to render high quality, selfless nursing care to their patients by reading the Florence Nightingale Pledge, a modified version of the Hippocratic Oath.
• About Military Nursing Service (MNS)
• It is the only all women corps in the Armed Forces and is a part of Armed Forces Medical Services of Indian Army. The Military Nursing Service is today ranked as one of best Army Nursing Services of the world.
What is the strike range of land-attack version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile?
• Land-attack version of BrahMos supersonic missile successfully test-fired
• India successfully test fired a land-attack version of BrahMos supersonic missile from Chandipur coast in Odisha’s Balasore district on Monday.
• The test met all flight parameters, a source in the Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) said. The missile, with a strike range of 290km, can be fired from land as well as sea-based platforms, he said.
• On March 11, 2017 the first extended version of the missile, which had strike range of 450 km, was successfully tested, the source added.
Who has took over as the Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the South Western Air Command?
• Air Marshal S K Ghotia appointed as chief of South Western Air Command
• Air Marshal S K Ghotia has taken over as the new Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the South Western Air Command (SWAC) of the Indian Air Force (IAF), at Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
• He replaced Air Marshal H S Arora, who moved to Air Headquarters as the Vice-Chief of Air Staff. Prior to assuming the present appointment, Air Marshal Ghotia was the Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Training Command.
Which bank has signed an MoU with Indian Army for customised services?
• Bank of Baroda signs MoU with Indian Army for customised services
• Bank of Baroda (BoB) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Army under which the bank would offer customised services along with a host of facilities to account holders.
• The MoU includes handsome free personal accident insurance cover, free air accident insurance cover of Rs 15 lakh to Rs 50 lakh and an overdraft facility up to three times of monthly net salary. The features are also applicable for pensioners of Indian Army up to the age of 70 years
Tenth edition of the Joint Military Exercise Ekuverin will be conducted between India and which country?
• Curtain raiser Indo Maldives joint Ex Ekuverin – 19 at Aundh Mil Stn, Pune from 07 to 20 Oct 19.
• Tenth edition of the Joint Military Exercise Ekuverin between the Indian Army and the Maldives National Defence Force will be organised from 07 to 20 October 2019 at Aundh Military Station in Pune, Maharashtra.
• The Indian Army and the Maldives National Defence Forces have been conducting Exercise Ekuverin meaning ‘Friends’ in the Dhivehi language since 2009.
• The 14 days Joint Exercise held alternatively in India and Maldives focuses on enhancing interoperability between the two forces for carrying out counter insurgency and counter-terrorism operations in a semi-urban environment under the United Nations mandate.