What is the range of K-4 nuclear-capable submarine-launched ballistic missile?
India successfully test-fires K-4 submarine-launched nuclear-capable missile
• India on Friday successfully test-fired the K-4 nuclear-capable submarine-launched ballistic missile off the coast of Visakhapatnam for the second time in the past five days, in a major milestone to augment its strategic arsenal and delivery systems.
• The missile, developed by the DRDO, has a range of 3,500 km and it will be able to bring almost all parts of Pakistan and several areas of China within its reach, officials said.
• The missile is being developed for integration with India's Arihant class nuclear submarines.
• The missile was test-fired successfully for the second consecutive time in the last five days off the coast of Visakhapatnam.
India's first indigenous aircraft carrier Vikrant is likely to be commissioned by which year?
India’s 1st indigenous aircraft carrier Vikrant to be commissioned by 2021
• India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier Vikrant is currently under phase-3 which involves setting to work of machinery and other equipment and to be commissioned by early 2021 in Indian Navy.
• It will be fully operated by 2022. Vikrant is being built at the Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) Kochi, Kerala.
ISRO will launch its communication satellite GSAT-30 onboard through which launch vehicle?
Isro's communication satellite GSAT-30 to launch on Jan 17 from French territory Ariane
• India would launch a communication satellite GSAT-30 onboard Ariane-5 launch vehicle (VA 251) from French Guiana on January 17, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) said here on Monday.
• The 3,357-kg satellite is slated to blast off from the Ariane Launch Complex at Kourou, a French territory located along the northeastern coast of South America, at 02:35 hrs IST.
• "GSAT-30 is to serve as a replacement to INSAT-4A spacecraft services with enhanced coverage", ISRO said.
• With a mission life of 15 years, GSAT-30 is an operational communication satellite for DTH, television uplink and VSAT services.