Who will take over as the Vice Chief of Indian Air Force from May 1, 2019?
• Air Marshal RKS Bhadauria to Take Charge as Vice Chief of the Air Staff From May 1
• Air Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria will take over as the Vice Chief of Indian Air Forcefrom May 1, 2019 and would be looking after all the air operations being carried out by the force.
• He will succeed Air Marshal Anil Khosla who is superannuating on April 30, 2019.
• Presently, Bhadauria is the Chief of IAF’s Bengaluru-based Training Command since August 1, 2018.
Who has been appointed as the Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the office of Lokpal ?
• Dilip Kumar Appointed as Officer on Special Duty in Office of Lokpal
• Senior IAS officer Dilip Kumar has been appointed as the Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the office of Lokpal on April 29, 2019. This is the first official appointment of a bureaucrat in Lokpal.
• Kumar is a 1995-batch IAS officer of Punjab cadre and is at present joint secretary at National Human Rights Commission.
• He has been appointed for a period of six months on additional charge basis or till a new incumbent joins the post.
• Chairperson of Lokpal -Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose
General S.H.S Kottegoda has been appointed as the Defence Secretary of which country?
• President Sirisena appointed General S.H.S Kottegoda as the Defence Secretary
• President Maithripala Sirisena on 29th April appointed General S.H.S Kottegoda, a former Army commander, to the post of Defence Secretary.
• He replaces Hemasiri Fernando who resigned from the post after the Easter blasts that killed over 250 people.
Name the President of the Archery Association of India who has given his resignation?
• Archery Association of India (AAI) president Rao resigns after SC ruling
• Archery Association of India (AAI) President B.V.P. Rao on Wednesday resigned after the Supreme Court’s ruling to set aside the constitution of the National body of the sport as amended by Delhi High Court-appointed administrator S.Y. Quraishi.
• The Supreme Court on Wednesday declared the amendments introduced by former chief election commissioner S.Y. Quraishi in the Constitution of the Archery Association of India (AAI) as “null and void”, while holding the December 22, 2018 polls conducted to the body as “non est in law”.
BSE, formerly known as the Bombay Stock Exchange, has appointed whom as its first independent woman director?
• BSE, formerly known as the Bombay Stock Exchange, has appointed its first independent woman director Jayshree Vyas. BSE already has two non-executive women directors namely Usha Sangwan and Rajeshree Sabnavis on its Board.
• Vyas is a professionally-qualified chartered accountant, working as the managing director of Shree Mahila Sewa Sahakari Bank, Ahmedabad, since 1986. She helped in launching the first financial literacy programme in Sewa Bank in 2001.
Who has been appointed as member of Advisory Council of 15th Finance Commission ?
• Chief Economic Advisor Krishnamurthy Subramanian appointed as member of Advisory Council of 15th Finance Commission
• The Chief Economic Advisor to Central government, Dr. Krishnamurthy Subramanian has been included as the member of the Advisory Council of the Fifteenth Finance Commission.
• Dr. Krishnamurthy Subramanian will be the twelfth Member of the Council.
• The role and function of the Council is to advise the Commission on any issue or subject related to the Terms of Reference (ToR) of the Commission.
Bhushan Patil who has given his resignation was the President of which company?
• Paytm President Bhushan Patil Resigns
• Bhushan Patil, president at Paytm, has quit the company. Patil, who joined Paytm after a five-year stint with Alibaba, had initially joined the Noida-based company to look after its cross border commerce business. Patil joined Paytm in March 2016.
Godavarthi Venkata Srinivas was appointed as the next Ambassador of India to which of the following countries?
• Godavarthi Venkata Srinivas named India’s envoy to Senegal
• Shri Godavarthi Venkata Srinivas (IFS:1993) was appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Senegal.
• Presently, he is Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs.
• He succeeds Shri Rajeev Kumar, who is the High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Mozambique.
• He is expected to take up the assignment shortly.
Who has been appointed as the Governor of State Bank of Pakistan?
• Pakistan appoints IMF official as new central bank governor
• International Monetary Fund (IMF) economist Reza Baqir has been appointed as the Governor of State Bank of Pakistan.
• State Bank of Pakistan is the central bank of Pakistan.
• He will replace Tariq Bajwa, who was removed from his post.
Who has been appointed as the new Chairman and Managing Director of ITC?
• Sanjiv Puri Appointed New Chairman and Managing Director of ITC
• ITC Limited has appointed its MD Sanjiv Puri as the Chairman and Managing Director of the company with effect from May 13, 2019.
• This decision was made following the demise of noted industry leader and erstwhile ITC Chairman Y C Deveshwar
Who was appointed as a member of Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal (CSAT)?
• Former SC Judge KS Radhakrishnan appointed member of Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal
• KS Radhakrishnan appointed as a member of Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal (CSAT) for a term of 4 year. Headquarter of the CSAT is in London.
• He had earlier served as a Supreme Court judge from November 2009 to May 2014. He has also served as the Chief Justice of the High Courts of Gujarat and J&K
Who has been appointed as the new President of the United Nations General Assembly?
• Nigerian Professor Muhammad-Bande appointed President Elect of UNGA
• Tijjani Mohammad Bande, a professor from Nigeria, has been appointed as the new President of the United Nations General Assembly.
• He will succeed incumbent María Fernanda Espinosa Garces after her tenure lapses in September 2019.
• He served as the permanent representative of Nigeria to United Nations before his appointment as President of UNGA.
• He will be the second Nigerian to be president of the UN General Assembly.
• The first was Joseph Nanven Garba, who served as president between 1989 and 1990.
Cooperative major IFFCO has elected whom as its chairman?
• Iffco elects Balvinder Singh Nakai as Chairman
• Cooperative major IFFCO has elected Balvinder Singh Nakai as its Chairman and Dileep Sanghani as Vice Chairman.
• Balvinder Singh Nakai is a farmer – co-operator – who has been deeply involved in providing strength to Indian cooperative movement.
• Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited, also known as IFFCO is a Multi-state cooperative society engaged in the business of manufacturing and marketing of fertilisers headquartered in New Delhi