According to a latest report, Drug-resistant diseases could cause 10 million deaths each year by which year?
• Drug-resistant diseases could kill 10 million a year by 2050
• Drug-resistant diseases could cause 10 million deaths each year by 2050, warned the UN Ad Hoc Interagency Coordinating Group on Antimicrobial Resistance in a report released on Monday.
• It added that by 2030, antimicrobial resistance could force up to 24 million people into extreme poverty.
• “Currently, at least 7,00,000 people die each year due to drug-resistant diseases, including 2,30,000 people who die from multidrug-resistant tuberculosis,” said the report.
According to a latest report from the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), India was the world’s ________largest military spender in the year 2018?
• India 4th largest military spender; Top – US- SIPRI Report
• World's military expenditure increased by 2.6 per cent, reaching $1822 billion in 2018 with India along with United States, China, Saudi Arabia and France contributing 60 per cent of the amount, according to a latest report from the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
• India was the world’s fourth largest military spender in the year with spending of $66.5 billion on military. There was a rise of 3.1% in the spending.
• The country with the maximum military spending as per SIPRI is the United States, followed by China on second and Saudi Arabia on the third.
India Ratings and Research has predicted India’s GDP growth rate prediction for 2019-20 at what percent?
• India Ratings predicts India’s GDP growth rate at 7.3% for FY20
• India Ratings and Research has predicted India’s GDP growth rate prediction for 2019-20 at 7.3%. This is less than its earlier prediction of 7.5%.
According to a report titled ‘Cyber Insurance in India’ released by the Data Security Council of India (DSCI), Indian cyber insurance market has grown to what percent more in 2018 as against 2017?
• Indian cyber insurance market grows 40% with 350 cyber insurance policies bought in 2018 against 250 in 2017
• A report titled ‘Cyber Insurance in India- Mitigating Risks amid Changing Regulations and Uncertainties‘ by Data Security Council of India (DSCI) stated that cyber insurance market is gradually gaining momentum in India as cyber-theft has increased substantially to become one of the most prominent threats to the corporates’ operations.
• The report broadly offers market insights on the stances in cyber insurance with its prime objective to increase awareness and help evaluate a cyber insurance policy effectively.
• Data from the report showed that between 2016 and 2018, India ranked as the 2nd most affected country from cyber-threats. 350 cyber insurance policies were bought by Indian corporates in 2018 as compared to 250 in 2017, which marks a 40% hike in the sale of these policies.
According to a new report, which city has emerged as the top choice for Indian investors with record investments in 2018?
• London top choice for Indian investors with record investments in 2018: Report
• London emerged as the top choice for Indian investors ahead of other cities such as Dubai and Singapore, with investments by Indian companies in the British capital reaching an all-time high last year, according to a new analysis.
• The UK emerged as the top most country to attract Indian FDI with 52 projects, ahead of the US (51) and the UAE (32), in 2018, said London & Partners (L&P), the Mayor of London's promotional agency, in the new analysis.
• Indian companies choosing to invest and expand in London reached an all-time high last year, with 32 investment projects – a giant leap from the previous year, it said.
• "Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) from India into London increased by 255 per cent from 2017 to 2018.