The minimum Leverage Ratio for Basel III Capital Regulations for DSIBs set by RBI is?
• RBI sets minimum Leverage Ratio shall be 4% for DSIBs and 3.5% for other banks.
• The Reserve Bank of India has announced that from October 01, 2019 the minimum Leverage Ratio for Basel III Capital Regulations will be 4% for Domestic Systemically Important Banks (DSIBs) and 3.5% for other banks
America based Investment Bank, Morgan Stanley has predicted the GDP growth rate for India at ______% in 2019?
• Morgan Stanley India’s GDP at 6.2% in 2019 and 7.1% in 2020.
• America based Investment Bank, Morgan Stanley has predicted the GDP growth rate for India at 6.2% in 2019 and 7.1% in 2020.
• For 2018 it was 7.4%.
• Morgan Stanley has also cut the global growth estimate at 3% and 3.2%t for 2019 and 2020.
Which Bank has signed a memorandum of understanding with National Investment and Infrastructure (NIIF) Fund to boost availability of capital for infrastructure projects?
• SBI, NIIF in pact for funding infrastructure projects
• The State Bank of India has signed a memorandum of understanding with National Investment and Infrastructure (NIIF) Fund to boost availability of capital for infrastructure projects.
• The scope of the agreement includes equity investments, project funding, bond financing, renewable energy support and take-out finance for operating assets.
Which Bank has approved USD 6 billion loan for cash-strapped Pakistan over a period of three years?
• IMF Approves USD 6 billion Loan to Cash-Strapped Pakistan
• The Executive Board of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has approved USD 6 billion loan for cash-strapped Pakistan over a period of three years on July 4, 2019.
• The loan amount will help to support Pakistan’s economic plan that aims at returning sustainable growth to the country’s fragile economy and improving the standards of living.
• The USD 6 billion financial aid includes an immediate disbursement of USD 1 billion while, the remaining amount will be phased over the duration of the programme.
Which of the following banks has launched the web tool named ‘Vasool So-Ft’ (Vasool So-Fast)?
• Karnataka Bank launches web tool (Vasool So-Ft) for NPA recovery process
• Karnataka Bank Ltd has launched the web tool named ‘Vasool So-Ft’ (Vasool So-Fast) – to digitalise the NPA (non-performing asset) recovery process of the bank.
• The web tool Vasool So-Ft was launched by MD & CEO of Karnataka Bank Mahabaleshwara MS.
• The tool will enable easy and faster processing, real time information and immediate decision making in the recovery area.
Which bank has set up the Centralised MSME & Retail Group (Cen-MARG) for credit facilities?
• Punjab & Sind Bank setups Cen-MARG for MSME for credit facilities.
• Punjab & Sind Bank has set up the Centralised MSME & Retail Group (Cen-MARG) for credit facilities at its head office in New Delhi. The unit is named as Cen-MARG.
• Now, all MSME and retail credit approvals will be performed at this centralized setup. Cen-MARG was inaugurated by S. Harisankar, MD & CEO of Punjab & Sind Bank.
Which bank has tied up with Bharti AXA Life Insurance to offer the Bharti AXA Life POS Saral Jeevan Bima Yojana?
• Airtel Payments Bank ties up with Bharti AXA Life Insurance to offer the Bharti AXA Life POS Saral Jeevan Bima Yojana.
• Airtel Payments Bankpartnered with Bharti AXA Life Insurance to offer Bharti AXA Life POS (Point of Sale).
• Saral Jeevan Bima Yojana, a pure life term insurance decided to plan up to Rs 5 lakhs
• The scheme is aimed at the under-insured and uninsured segments in India.
• The policy available at all the Airtel Payments Bank's 25,000 retail outlets.
• It will be expanded to cover over 60,000 banking points
• The customers are offered the option of life cover between 3-5 lakh
• The scheme further extended up to Rs 25 lakh.
Which Bank has acquired over 9.47 percent shares of battery maker Eveready Industries by invoking pledged shares?
• Yes Bank Acquires 9.47% Stake in Eveready by Invoking Pledged Shares.
• Private sector lender Yes Bank has acquired over 9.47 percent shares of battery maker Eveready Industries by invoking pledged shares.
• The 68,80,149 shares has been acquired by the Yes Bank to resolve the issue of loan default by a group company, Mcleod Russel India Ltd (the borrower).
• The B M Khaitan group is the owner of Eveready and Mcleod Russel.
The Securities and Exchange Board of India will now have to transfer ______ per cent of its surplus from the general fund every year to the Consolidated Fund of India?
• SEBI’s 75 per cent cash surplus to go to government.
• The Securities and Exchange Board of India will now have to transfer 75 per cent of its surplus from the general fund every year to the Consolidated Fund of India that is managed by the Central Government.
• An announcement to this effect was made in the Budget via a proposed amendment to SEBI Act 1992.
• SEBI has a surplus of ₹3,170 crore as per its 2017 balance sheet, which is the latest available in public domain. The surplus could go up by several hundred crore rupees once its 2018 balance sheet is out.
Which Bank is planning to shutter the majority of its equities business in the Asia-Pacific region?
• Deutsche Bank plans to close most Asia-Pacific equity businesses
• Deutsche Bank is planning to shutter the majority of its equities business in the Asia-Pacific region as part of a restructuring to be announced as soon as Sunday, a person with knowledge of the matter said.
• The Frankfurt-based lender expects to stop offering trading of cash equities, equities research and may no longer underwrite initial public offerings in the region, the person said, asking not to be identified as the matter is private.
• As many as half the Asia equities staff will leave initially and the remainder later this year, the person said, adding that the final decision depends on the bank’s supervisory board meeting
The Reserve Bank of India board has finalised a three-year roadmap named what for improving regulation and supervision of the central bank?
• RBI board finalises ‘Utkarsh 2022
• The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) board, which met in New Delhi, finalised a three- year roadmap to improve regulation and supervision, among other functions of the central bank.
• This medium term strategy — named Utkarsh 2022 — is in line with the global central banks’ plan to strengthen the regulatory and supervisory mechanism.
Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) will provide USD _________million loan to L&T Infrastructure Finance Company?
• L&T Finance arm gets $100 million from AIIB for green energy funding.
• Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) Friday has announced that it will provide USD 100 million in loans to L&T Infrastructure Finance Company for on-lending to wind and solar power infrastructure projects in India.
• This is the first loan from AIIB to a non-banking finance company.
Which of following General Insurance Companies will be merged with National Insurance Company Limited and United India Assurance Company Limited to create a single insurance entity?
• Merger of 3 General Insurance Companies announced: National Insurance, United India & Oriental India.
• Merger of three General Insurance Companies (PSU) : Minister of State for Finance and Corporate Affairs, Anurag Thakur recently informed the Lok Sabha that three public-sector General Insurance Companies, namely, National Insurance Company Limited, United India Assurance Company Limited and Oriental India Insurance Company Limited will soon be merged into a single insurance entity.
• The move was announced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in her maiden Budget 2019-20 speech, proposing to amend the General Insurance Business (Nationalisation) Act, 1972 to enable the merger of non-life insurance companies.
‘Small Business Money Back Credit Card’ was launched by which bank in association with Common Service Centre (CSC) SPV of Government of India?
• HDFC Bank launches Credit card for CSC’s Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs).
• HDFC Bank and Common Service Centre (CSC) SPV of Government of India, have launched a co-branded credit card ‘Small Business Money Back Credit Card’. It is aimed at small traders and village level entrepreneurs (VLEs).
• The credit card is designed for CSC’s VLEs, and VLE-sourced customers. It will give its users easy access to credit for day-to-day business expenses
• The card was launched by Aditya Puri (MD at HDFC Bank) and CSC Chief Dinesh Kumar Tyagi.
Which Bank has terminated and de-listed its 22 outstanding global depository receipts (GDRs) from the Luxembourg Stock Exchange?
• HDFC Bank terminated & delisted its GDRs from Luxembourg Stock Exchange
• Private sector lender HDFC Bank has terminated and de-listed its 22 outstanding global depository receipts (GDRs) from the Luxembourg Stock Exchange. The action has been taken due to low trading volume of GDRs.